I Raise a Hallelujah

This has been such a busy week. Many waiting rooms, exam rooms, and tests. I want to do a separate post with details about the test, but I will explain what my week has looked liked this far.

Monday was Labor Day. Jordan came home from college to spend the long weekend with us and it was so good for my mommy heart to have all three of my babies under one roof again. I know it’s only been a month since we moved him into school, but it feels like much longer! The weather was nice on Sunday so we made a trip to the park. This was Eli’s first real trip to a playground. Before COVID hit he wasn’t walking and a playground would have been no fun for him. In March all the parks closed and are slowly starting to reopen. This weekend provided our first real chance to go! All three boys had a blast. Jordan and Isaac showed Eli all the cool things!

Tuesday was just spent doing things around the house and helping Isaac with online schooling. He will be doing virtual while I’m undergoing treatment. Not specifically because of COVID, but germs in general. I am thankful that this year provided that option for us.

Wednesday and today had enough appointments to fill a week. Yesterday starting bright and early I went to another Texas Oncology location for my CT scan. This was to check the chest, abdomen, and pelvis for spread. After that appointment, we ate a quick breakfast (I had been fasting for the test) and came home to meet with a dear friend who would watch Eli while we went to my next set of appointments. We went to my “normal” oncology office were had three more appointments. One for an echocardiogram of the heart. The next with a financial counselor about the cost of my upcoming surgery, and the third for training on what to expect with surgery and after. Thankfully, that was it for Wednesday. This entire process from leaving early that morning to getting back home took about five hours. Not horrible, but still mentally exhausting.

This morning started much the same way. I had to go to our local hospital for a bone scan to check for any “mets” or signs that cancer had metastasized into my bones. This was a two-part process that I will go into later, but from check in to home for this scan took about five hours as well. Thankfully, not all spent at the hospital!

Because my medical team is top-notch, we already have gotten the results of everything back. All the scans are NEGATIVE! This mean monster has not spread! These results are the difference between being able to cure this cancer and only being able to treat it. We WILL cure this!

After hanging up from talking to Dr. B I was, of course, relieved. It’s the first really encouraging news we’ve heard since diagnosis. This road won’t be easy, but there is a light at the end. We can and will fight towards a complete cure!

As most know, my family is strong in our faith. Immediately after hanging up a song popped in my head and I wanted to share that song with you. In the video below, the writer explains where the song came from. The lyrics are an anthem for all of us!

“I’m gonna sing, in the middle of the storm. Louder and louder you’re gonna hear my praises roar. Up through the ashes, hope will arise. Death is defeated, the King is ALIVE!

3 thoughts on “I Raise a Hallelujah

Comments are closed.